Waterhog Inlay mats are produced using an inlay process, where colored material is cut and pieced together by hand before pressing into rubber. As a result, there are very strict design requirements for this product.
- Minimum Text Height: 3" (includes lower case text)
- Minimum Line Thickness: 3/8"
- Any space between letters or design elements must be at minimum 3/8"
The text requirements are for general use; however, special fonts and very thin letter forms may need to be made larger or thicker and will be approached on a case-by-case basis.
Gradients, tints, screens and transparencies are not supported and should not be used.
- Mats are not exact and have a 3-5% size variance in all finished sizes and is just part of the manufacturing process and materials
- We do not guarantee an exact match to the inch and on large orders mat sizes may vary within this range. For rough finished sizes, please reference each product page
- Final colors tend to be a little lighter than what you see online because of the heat press which causes the colors to lighten
- If you are concerned about the color being dark enough for your background or any other color, please select the next darkest color
Although we can get remarkably close, color is never an exact science and variations will occur. An absolute exact color match is vulnerable to many factors.
- One factor is that we are printing on white, nylon or other fabric carpets
- A hot press is used to combine the carpet and rubber backing and the heat from the press often causes the color to lighten
- How the fibers are laying, and your viewing position will often change the color slightly
Typically, we can get close to most PMS colors, but the final color may be a few shades off. For the PMS color to be as close as possible, we require additional time to create the proof sketch.